Over the past dozen years, Chris Guillebeau has been on a quest to figure out how to best to serve the world, while also serving his own desire to grow on a personal level and build a world-class, location-independent business.
Many of you will know Chris’ name, especially as the author of the fantastic New York Times bestseller The $100 Startup.
What you may not know, though, is that a dozen years ago, you could find him eeking out a living selling things on ebay by day and playing jazz music by night. It wasn’t a bad blend of gigs. But, moved by the events of 9-11, a then 23 year old Chris yearned to contribute on a level that would change not only his own life, but the world around him. So, he set out on a quest that transported him and his wife, Jolie (who happens to also be a wonderful painter), from the southern calm of Alabama to…a hospital ship in Africa.
That experience opened Chris’ eyes to needs, challenges and possibilities he’d never seen before. And it set in motion an extraordinary journey that has led to the creation of:
- A blog that attracts a giant worldwide following at ArtofNoncomformity
- A series of global ventures at UnconventionalGuides.com and TravelHackingCartel.com
- Two bestselling books – The Art of Noncomformity and NYT bestseller The $100 Startup
- A perpetually sold-out global conference in Portland - World Domination Summit, and…
- A 5 year quest to visit every country in the world (that’s almost at an end).
- We’ll dive deep into this transformational journey with Chris
- Learn more about each step, each project and WHY he leaned into them
- Do a bit of truth-building and myth-busting about location independent business and travel
- Explore what big awakenings and shifts in outlook he’s had along the way
- Discover what drives Chris now and how his motivation has evolved over time
- Learn why the possibility of failure must be on the table for anything worth doing and
- Find out where he’s headed next.
As always, if you enjoy the episode, please share it with friends. Just click on any of the social media buttons right under the video to the right.
Finally, we’d love to have you on the mailing list so you can get updates on new shows and other developments with Good Life Project™.