*** Grab your spot at Camp GLP now. Click here to learn more! ***
This time on The Good Life Project, I am joined by Jadah Sellner and Jeffrey Davis for a roundtable style discussion of a few of the burning issues and questions that have been on our minds…and maybe yours, too. This discussion was incredibly fun and full of so much information, I couldn’t wait to share it with all of you.
Jadah is the cofounder of Simple Green Smoothies and JadahSellner.com. She has developed her groundbreaking life strategy, Love Over Metrics, with the help of her dream-tribe that supports her vision for the future of the world. Jadah’s passion is to help everyone to start and grow their own tribe in order to inspire action that will change the world.
Jeffrey Davis is a poet, author, teacher, brand-strategist, founder of Tracking Wonder and author of Coat Thief and The Journey from the Center to the Page: Yoga Philosophies and Practices As Muse for Authentic Writing. His work has been published in Psychology Today, The Creativity Post and many more publications around the world.
We dive into a wide swath of topics today, from the legacy that we want to leave our families and the world to the amount control the government should have on the hours we work to grit, the infamous “aha” moment and so much more.
Quick note on production value. The building where we usually record was under construction, so we decided to get casual and just record this on the couches in my living room. So, you may notice the audio quality is just a bit more “homegrown” in this episode, but the setting also made the conversation more relaxed and fun than ever before. Who knows, maybe “broadcasting from the couch” will become a new thing!
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- What does it mean to leave a legacy in a technologically advanced world?
- Why the Terror Management theory causes us to think about our legacy.
- The importance of the pause in work and life.
- How to sit back and listen to constructive criticism.
- Should the government cap how many hours we ‘re allowed work?
- Are we working ourselves into un-productivity?
- The downside of grit for entrepreneurs.
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Connect with Jadah: Simple Green Smoothies | Jadah Sellner | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
- Connect with Jeffrey Davis: Tracking Wonder | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube | Pinterest
- Coat Thief by Jeffrey Davis
- The Journey from the Center to the Page: Yoga Philosophies and Practices as Muse for Authentic Writing by Jeffrey Davis
- Big Ass Fans
- BJ Novak
- World Domination Summit
- Seth Godin
- Anders Ericsson
- Edward C Banfield
- Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth
- Daniel Gilbert
- Tim Cook
Be sure to subscribe to our weekly Good Life Updates and listen on iTunes to make sure you never miss an episode!
Photo credit: Christine Alicino