So we all have habits and routines, rituals, and behaviors that we do in the name of living our best lives. Well, sometimes we have things that are not so much in that, but that’s what we’re working towards. But which of those habits actually moves the needle the most? Put another way, what’s the Good Life Habit 80/20? The 20% that’ll fuel 80% of the difference-making. I have been asked this question so many times in so many ways by so many people over the years and in fact, I have asked it of myself many times. And after a decade of learning from more than 700 leading voices in science, health, behavior change, and beyond, running literally hundreds of my own experiments and learning from others, I have found that at least for me, there’s a fairly straightforward and simple set of habits that make a huge difference in my life.
So I thought that instead of our usual conversation today, I’m going to share with you what I call my Big 5 Good Life Habits. Now some may feel right and accessible for you and others might feel challenging. My intention is not that you have to say yes to all 5, but that each one, even if nothing else is explored, can make a genuinely meaningful, even transformational difference in your life. That is where we’re headed in today’s special episode. The Big 5 Habits that have made a really big difference in my life and hopefully will make a difference in yours as well.
Mentioned in this episode:
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear
If you LOVED this episode:
- You’ll also love the conversations we had with James Nestor on How Breathing Can Change Your Life.
- And the other episodes in this series 5 Life-Changing Relationship Habits
Check out our offerings & partners:
- My New Book Sparked
- My New Podcast SPARKED
- Visit Our Sponsor Page For a Complete List of Vanity URLs & Discount Codes.
- The Loudest Girl in the World is a new podcast that tells the story of Lauren Ober’s journey to understand what the hell it means to be on the autism spectrum and how to live life as a newly diagnosed autistic person. It’s about finding yourself broken in a place you never expected to be and emerging from that place a mostly glued-back-together person. Download and listen today wherever you get your podcasts.