Dave Gilboa is the co-founder/CEO of Warby Parker.
Growing up in San Diego, the son of two doctors, Gilboa was sure he’d become a doctor, too. But, a random moment where he lost his glasses on a plane set in motion a series of awakenings that would change the course of his life.
Starting with a simple idea that pretty much everyone said was impossible, Dave, his co-founder and team have now built a socially-conscious global brand valued at over $1-billion that offers designer eyewear at a human price, while giving millions of pairs of glasses to people and families in need.
Dave has worked extensively with non-profit organizations and serves as a founding member of the Entrepreneur Board of Venture for America, an organization dedicated to mobilizing graduates as entrepreneurs in low-cost cities. He is a member of the Aspen Institute’s 2014 Henry Crown Fellowship class and the Aspen Global Leadership Network, has received the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year award, and was recognized as part of “The Next Establishment” by Vanity Fair. In 2015, Fast Company named Warby Parker the most innovative company in the world.
Check out our offerings & partners:
- Camp Good Life Project – BIG ANNOUNCEMENT – This is the final year of Camp GLP. It will be a celebration like no other. Join us and some 400 amazing people from around the world for 3 ½ days of connection, discovery, rejuvenation and reinvention. Learn more and grab your spot today!
- The Great Courses PLUS: Get a full month of unlimited access for FREE, visit TheGreatCoursesPlus.com/goodlife
- Ritual: The reinvented multivitamin that works smarter to fill the gaps in your diet. Go to ritual.com/GOODLIFE.
- Article: Get $50 off your first order of $100 or more. Just go to article.com/goodlife.
- Simple Habit: For a free 7-day trial to the premium library, visit simplehabit.com/goodlife