This week on Good Life Project, my guest is Susie Daly, the founder of Renegade Craft Fair. Susie’s journey was anything but planned. Through a series of exciting turns, she went from being a crafter herself to becoming an industry entrepreneur and a vehicle for other crafters and makers around the country to turn their hobby, love or interest into a genuine source of connection and income.
In today’s conversation, we dig into the nitty-gritty details of how she started with a simple idea and a willingness to take a risk and built a national movement that is now going international.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How crafting and making is exploding.
- Why Susie decided to start her company (as an act of rebellion).
- The big decisions behind how and when to grow.
- How bootstrapping and a willingness to listen and adapt have guided Susie’s growth.
- The difference between the terms “crafter” and “maker.”
- Why Renegade Craft Fair is so different from other “craft outlets.”
- How Susie has used technology to help her business.
- The incredible community that Susie has built for crafters.
*** Camp GLP is almost here. Be sure to grab your spot now! ***
Be sure to subscribe to our weekly Good Life Updates and listen on iTunes to make sure you never miss an episode!