“Love and Justice are not two. Without inner change, there can be no outer change. Without collective change, no change matters.” – Reverend angel Kyodo williams
Ordained as a Zen priest, Rev. angel is a Sensei, the second black woman recognized as a teacher in her lineage. She is a social visionary that applies wisdom teachings and practice to social issues. She sees Transformative Social Change as the world’s next great movement. Both fierce and grounded, she is known for her unflinching willingness to both sit with and speak uncomfortable truths with love.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How growing up in New York City profoundly shaped Rev. angel’s life.
- How moments to awaken are all around us, if we just open to them.
- How to move closer to a liberated life.
- How race and the consciousness movement interact with each other.
- The #1 component contributing to a full, complete life.
- The difference between grasping and aspiration.
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Connect with Rev. Angel: angel Kyodo williams | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | 27 Days of Change
- Being Black: Zen and the Art of Living with Fearlessness and Grace by angel Kyodo Williams
- Radical Dharma
- Richard Wiseman
- Zen Mind, Beginner’s Mind by Shunryu Suzuki
Be sure to subscribe to our weekly Good Life Updates and listen on iTunes to make sure you never miss an episode!
Photo credit: Christine Alicino