This husband and wife team of therapists have come together to create a practice that helps people build better relationships. Using their own relationship’s “growth opportunities” as inspiration, they offer a unique lens on navigating the various twists and turns of building not only a life together, but also careers that honor their own unique abilities and needs.
In their most recent book, Happily Ever After, they share the tools they have created to help couples work through the myths surrounding what it is like to be in a relationship with someone for an extended length of time. They talk us through the illusions and delusions that we need to move past to have success in our long-term relationships.
Charlie and Linda’s story is an inspiring one. And the mechanisms that they have put in place (that you can easily adapt) will ensure your relationship success for years to come.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How small changes in what you say make big differences.
- The biggest challenges that Linda and Charlie have faced working together for thirty years.
- How Linda and Charlie use their rocky road to a happy partnership and marriage to help their clients.
- The difference between “but” and “and.”
- The importance of hope in the success of any relationship.
- How to start using enlightened self-interest in your relationship.
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Connect with Linda and Charlie: Bloomwork | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Google+
- Happily Ever After…and 39 Other Myths about Love: Breaking Through to the Relationship of Your Dreams by Linda & Charlie Bloom
- Secrets of Great Marriages: Real Truth from Real Couples about Lasting Love by Linda & Charlie Bloom
- 101 Things I Wish I Knew When I Got Married: Simple Lessons to Make Love Last by Linda & Charlie Bloom
- The Happiness Hypothesis: Finding Modern Truth in Ancient Wisdom by Jonathan Haidt
- Jack Kornfield
Be sure to subscribe to our weekly Good Life Updates and listen on iTunes to make sure you never miss an episode!