It seems that A LOT of people struggle with the question, “What should I do with my life?”
So I was really interested to have a conversation with today’s guest, Jeff Goins, because that very question is at the heart of his new book, The Art of Work.
Interestingly, he ended up re-writing entire book after realizing he had sanitized his own story of becoming a writer and needed to find and share a deeper set of truths.
In this conversation, we also talk about the idea of polymaths – multi-talented people – and what a “portfolio life” is.
If you’ve ever wondered what your calling is (and if you have one), you’ll find this episode with Jeff Goins very interesting.
Some questions I ask:
- How do you define vocation?
- Is there just one purpose for each of us to accomplish in life?
- What is a “portfolio life”?
- Can you master multiple talents? Or just practice them?
- What do you think about leaving a legacy?
Links we mention:
- The Art of Work
- Parker Palmer
- The Secret of My Success
- Frederick Buechner
- What Should I Do With My Life?
- AJ Jacobs
- Keith Jennings
- The Age of Unreason
- Mr. Holland’s Opus
Be sure to subscribe below and listen and subscribe on iTunes to make sure you never miss an episode.