My guest today, James Victore, has been described as part Darth Vader, part Yoda, prolific storyteller, designer, provocateur, artist, activist and teacher. James Victore is the designer and creative thought leader whom people look to find clarity and purpose in their life and work.
James is widely known for his timely wisdom and impassioned views about design and its place in the world. At the helm of his independently run design studio, James is always working to make work that is sexy, strong and memorable, that takes a strong position and often toes the line between sacred and the profane.
And, the world has taken notice. His work has been exhibited at the Museum of Modern Art in New York (and he shares a pretty funny story about that in our conversation), is in the permanent collections of the Louvre and the Library of Congress and his client list includes industry-leaders like Adobe, Starbucks, Aveda and many foundations on a mission to create change in the world. James taught at the School of Visual Arts in NYC for over 20 years. His new book, “Feck Perfuction“ is sort of his manifesto on living a creative, full-contact and alive life.
Check out our offerings & partners:
- Blinkist: Key takeaways from the world’s best nonfiction books in text and audio. Go to Blinkist.com/GOODLIFE to start your free 7-day trial.
- Policygenius: The easy way to compare and buy life insurance. Find the right policy in minutes at Policygenius.com
- Stitcher: You can now listen to new episodes of the show, completely ad-free, exclusively on Stitcher Premium. Sign up now for a free month of Stitcher Premium by going to stitcherpremium.com/wondery and using the promo code ‘WONDERY.’ Then once you’re signed up, just download the Stitcher app for iOS or Android and start listening.
- Grove: Makes shopping for natural products EASY. Get a free $30 Mrs. Meyer’s gift set at Grove.co/GOODLIFE with your first order.
- True Stories of Good People, a GoFundMe podcast: Listen and subscribe to True Stories of Good People on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen.