We all know that as we age, so does our brain. And with it comes some less-than-favorable effects on cognitive functions like memory, focus, and productivity that might leave you wishing for your more youthful days. But what if there was a way to make our brains more age-proof and less prone to signs of aging like memory loss or even dementia?
My guest today, Dr. Marc Milstein, has discovered through research that certain healthy habits act as a magic pill for brain health that can boost your short- and long-term brain function. So if you’ve ever wondered what you can do right now to keep your brain youthful or even help it get better over time, keep on listening. Dr. Marc Milstein specializes in taking the leading scientific research on health and happiness and using it to create science-based solutions to keep the brain healthy, lower the risk of dementia, boost productivity, and maximize longevity.
Dr. Milstein has conducted research on topics including cancer biology and neuroscience, and his work has been published in multiple scientific journals. His new book, The Age-Proof Brain: New Strategies to Improve Memory, Protect Immunity, and Fight Off Dementia, reveals the secrets to improving brain function, and in today’s episode, he joins me to share some of those brain-boosting strategies discussed in his book, debunks common misinformation about the aging brain, and even lay out the red flags to look out for as you grow older.
If you LOVED this episode:
- You’ll also love the conversations we had with Dr. Aviva Romm about how to work with your hormones to optimize health and longevity.
Check out our offerings & partners:
- My New Book Sparked
- My New Podcast SPARKED
- Visit Our Sponsor Page For Great Resources & Discount Codes
- Solo Stove: Make more backyard memories with solo stove’s award-winning fire pits, stoves, & grills. Prepare for your best outdoor memories yet and save big during the Solo Stove Fall Event. Plus, use promo code GLP at SoloStove.com for an extra $10 off.
- BetterHelp: Good Life Project is sponsored by BetterHelp. As the world’s largest therapy service, BetterHelp has matched 3 million people with professionally licensed and vetted therapists available 100% online. Plus, it’s affordable. Just fill out a brief questionnaire to match with a therapist. If things aren’t clicking, you can easily switch to a new therapist anytime. It couldn’t be simpler. No waiting rooms. No traffic. No endless searching for the right therapist. Learn more and save 10% off your first month at BetterHelp.com/GoodLifeProject
- The Lazy Genius Podcast: Part systems expert, part permission giver, Kendra Adachi, The Lazy Genius, is here to help you be a genius about the things that matter and lazy about the things that don’t. So, if you want to learn how to stop doing it all for the sake of doing what matters most instead, check out The Lazy Genius Podcast now wherever you get your podcasts. New episodes air weekly on Mondays.
- Air Doctor: The AirDoctor air purifier features patented UltraHEPAR technology that is proven and tested to remove airborne particles as small as 0.003 in size. AirDoctor comes with a no questions asked, 30-day money-back guarantee so if you don’t love it, just send it back for a refund, minus shipping. So head to airdoctorpro.com and use promo code GOODLIFE and, depending on the model, you’ll receive up to 35% off.