Today, I’m excited to be talking to Emily Heyward, co-founder of white-hot, Brooklyn-based branding phenomenon, Red Antler.
While attending Harvard, Emily took a deep dive into the study of pop culture, ethical philosophy, and what drives people at the core. After college, she entered the advertising world where her career began to take off.
After realizing she loved being in control, Emily decided to enter the world of entrepreneurship, co-founding the groundbreaking branding agency, Red Antler, which quickly exploded into one of the hottest shops, with a unique business model. They serve early-stage ventures, often becoming involved on a level that goes way beyond traditional brand-building. Or in their words, they “build brands for startups that are changing how the world works.”
I invited Emily to the Good Life Project to explore her life and her influences. She shares her thoughts about creating something of your own, as well as helping other visionaries build something that becomes a global brand and makes a huge impact on the world.
Don’t miss this behind-the-scenes look into the life of a successful entrepreneur and an incredible human being, Emily Heyward.
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- Emily Heyward growing up.
- The impetus behind starting her own business.
- One of the greatest lessons Emily learned – the power of delegating.
- What it takes to produce a podcast like Serial and why there are not many copy-cats.
- Emily’s take on the power of storytelling.
- What made her want to leave the advertising industry.
- Why Emily and her team valued reputation much more than paying rent early on in their business.
- The shocking statistics about the success rate of entrepreneurs with day jobs vs. ones who go all in.
- How Red Antler came to be.
- Why Emily credits their success to launching during a recession.
- Her authentic thoughts on the idea of work-life balance.
Mentioned In This Episode:
- Connect with Emily: RED ANTLER | LinkedIn
- This American Life
- Gimlet Media
- The Confidence Game by Maria Konnikova
- Give and Take by Adam Grant
Be sure to subscribe to our weekly Good Life Updates and listen on iTunes to make sure you never miss an episode!