Brené Brown and I met a few years back while speaking at an event. We clicked immediately, grabbed lunch and laughed a lot. I asked her to come and share a bit of her journey with our Good Life Project community. The conversation that unfolded left me changed.
Brown’s fascination with what she calls wholehearted living eventually led her to explore how we dance with shame and vulnerability, and how we navigate criticism, and awaken to our own power and potential. How we become brave, awake and alive. She’s since written numerous books, including, Daring Greatly, Rising Strong and Braving the Wilderness.
I asked her to join me on Good Life Project in October 2012 and the conversation that unfolded moved us both to tears at various points. Brene was so beautifully real, raw, candid and wise. Every part of that conversation is as relevant today, maybe more so given the current climate, than it was the day we talked.
We first aired this as a video conversation in October 2012. Click here to watch the video. I’m so excited to share this “Best Of” episode with you today.
Check out our offerings & partners:
- Camp Good Life Project – BIG ANNOUNCEMENT – This is the final year of Camp GLP. It will be a celebration like no other. Join us and some 400 amazing people from around the world for 3 ½ days of connection, discovery, rejuvenation and reinvention. Learn more and grab your spot today!
- QUIP: QUIP starts at just $25 and, if you go to GetQuip.com/GoodLife right now, you’ll get your first refill pack FREE with a QUIP electric toothbrush.
- Article: Get $50 off your first order of $100 or more. Just go to article.com/goodlife.
- ZipRecruiter: Post jobs for FREE, go to ZipRecruiter.com/good.
- Realtor.com: No matter what you want in your next home, you need realtor.com — The Home of Home Search.