Have you ever thought about leaving everything behind and traveling the world? Of cashing out your savings to hit the road and create lifelong memories and new experiences?
This may sound like an impossible dream to most, but our guest today did just that. Alastair Humphreys was poised to accept his dream job when he made the decision to spend the next four years of his life biking 46,000 miles around the world.
Alastair lived for four years traveling on just under $10,000 without taking any other jobs or earning any other money. Sounds impossible, doesn’t it? That was just the beginning of an incredible life of adventures.
Alastair has become a documentary filmmaker, author, speaker, and blogger while continuing to pursue his passion for adventuring. Today, he shares why he continues to go on these adventures and what he gains from them. Alastair’s extraordinary experiences are some that I know many of you may envy and wish to emulate, and he shares the steps you can take to start your incredible journey.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How to live in the “ah” moment.
- How Alastair went from a bookish kid to an adventurer.
- The moment that started it all for Alastair.
- The struggles Alastair faced in his trek.
- Alastair’s tips for anyone wanting to start their own adventure.
- The best way to fund an adventure.
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Connect with Alastair: Alastair Humphreys | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | YouTube
- Ernest Shackleton
- Investment Biker: Around the World with Jim Roger by Jim Rogers
- Adventure Capitalist: The Ultimate Road Trip by Jim Rogers
- A Journey Around My Room by Xavier de Maistre
Photo credit: Jeffrey Lin