Good Life Riff: Ahhhhh, family! With many people heading into that time of year when gathering with family becomes a “thing,” we figured it was a great time to invite our old friend, everyone’s cousin and New York Times bestselling author, A.J. Jacobs, to share a very special guest riff about what family really is…and isn’t. He’s spent the last few years deep-diving into the topic and has come up with some fascinating and fun discoveries, which he shares in his new book, It’s All Relative.
Good Life Science: Ever notice that the older we get, the more we tend to forget stuff? Turns out, the hippocampus – a part of our brain heavily involved in memory – starts to shrink in our middle years, taking memories with it. In our Good Life Science segment today, we’re diving into some fascinating new research on how one very specific type of exercise affects can not only stop the shrinkage, but even reverse this process. And, as always, for those want to go to the source, here’s a link to the full study.
Our Podcast Partners:
- ZipRecruiter: Post jobs for FREE, go to ZipRecruiter.com/good.
- Thrive Market: $60 of FREE organic groceries, free shipping and 30-day trial at thrivemarket.com/goodlife.
- Freshbooks: Cloud accounting, 1-month free trial, no credit card required, at FreshBooks.com/goodlife.
- ShipStation: Manage and ship your orders. FREE for 30 days, plus a bonus. Visit ShipStation.com, click on the microphone at the top of the homepage and type in GOODLIFE.
- Casper: Get $50 toward any mattress purchase at casper.com/GOODLIFE and enter GOODLIFE at checkout.