Good Life Riff: We’ve all heard a lot about gratitude, how it’s a powerful reset for the mind. Especially at a time of year when many of us find ourselves swept into a whirlwind of stress and social strife.
So, today, we’re talking about a bit of a different gratitude intervention called the “gratitude visit,” which has been researched and proven to have an astonishingly powerful and lasting impact on your state of mind and wellbeing.
This moving gratitude experience has the added benefit of filling both your Vitality Bucket (by enhancing your state of mind) and also your Connection Bucket (by deepening your relationship with another person).
Good Life Science: And, in our Good Life Science segment, we’re diving into some fascinating new research on, well, nuts and your brain. We’ve all heard that nuts have lots of health benefits, from disease prevention to inflammation reduction and more.
But, some cool new research shows that eating certain nuts actually generates different brainwaves, which raises the possibility of dialing in your “nut-prescription” as a way to help drop into anything from a hyper-focused to Zenned-out state of mind. Full disclosure, the study also includes many people’s favorite “non-nut” nut, that’d be the peanut, which is actually a legume. And, as always, for those want to go to the source, here’s a link to the full study.
Our Podcast Partners:
- ZipRecruiter: Post jobs for FREE, go to ZipRecruiter.com/good.
- ShipStation: Manage and ship your orders. FREE for 30 days, plus a bonus. Visit ShipStation.com, click on the microphone at the top of the homepage and type in GOODLIFE.
- MVMT Watches: Get 15% off today, go to MVMT.com/good
- Tunein: Catch all-new episodes of some of your favorite podcasts early with TuneIn First Play? Download the free TuneIn app now.
- Videoblocks: Go to videoblocks.com/goodlife to get all the stock video, audio, and images you can imagine for just $149.