If you are a coach, counselor, HR pro, leader/manager or helping professional, you already know one of the biggest questions - and sources of pain - for a huge number of people: figuring out the answer to one big question…
What is the work that makes me come alive, and how do I do more of it?
It is, in no small way, the question of our times.
Safe bet, you started doing what you’re doing because you grappled with this very inquiry
(and, like most, may still be revisiting it on a regular basis).
At this point, you’ve done the work to be able to serve.
To help people navigate their reason-for-being in a constructive, but not contrived or “faddish” way, you’ve accumulated certifications, hundreds or even thousands of practical hours with clients, colleagues or reports, maybe even earned degrees. You are committed to helping people achieve their goals at the highest level. You get results.
Still, you’ve also come to learn that this giant existential question often takes not just time and experience, but a varied set of tools that allow for different paths to awakening and action. The typical process of inquiry and guided experimentation is rarely enough.
So, you turn to specialized quizzes, assessments, tools, and bodies of knowledge. Things like StrengthsFinder, VIA, DISC, MBTI or the Enneagram, to name a few. Each has its own, well-established place in your toolbox. But, as with all generalized assessments, personality tests, and tools, they tend to give broader-stroke guidance.
And, they’re never quite spot-on when it comes to figuring out this specific inquiry -
How do clients/colleagues spend more time doing work that allows them to feel like they're fueled by purpose, fully-expressed, fiercely-engaged and lost in flow? Shorthanded, work that makes them come alive. Work that sparks them?
Answering this singular question - building highly-specific tools, programming, certifications and other offerings that guide this life-defining quest - is our obsession at Spark Endeavors™.
It began with the development of the Sparketypes® - the world’s first purpose-expression-flow archetypes. This led to the Sparketype Assessment, an online tool that allows anyone to discover their Primary and shadow Sparketype. If you’re here now, we’re guessing you’ve already discovered yours, found value in it and want to learn more. The Sparketype Assessment has been completed by more than 225,000 individuals and organizations in just the first 9 months after launch. Public response has been swift and extraordinarily positive. Still, we wanted more “hard data,” so we went deeper.
Our Phase II Inquiry Study showed even clearer, more granular
correlations that match-up with what we’d been hearing and seeing.
Amazing Things Happen When Your Work Becomes Sparked...
The more your work aligns with your Sparketype, the more likely you are to feel energized and excited, filled with meaning, lost in flow and performing at your full potential at work.
And, interestingly enough, you’re also more likely to feel your life, in general, has a clear sense of purpose and direction.
Working to support the tremendous volume of people completing the Sparketype Assessment, we began to build more tools and programs. We started with the Sparketype Mastery Guide, a self-guided deep-dive and invitation to begin taking action.
This was followed by the Spark Accelerator - a 16-lesson, self-guided online workshop - as a way to dramatically expand your understanding of who you are and what matters. In the Accelerator, we introduced a set of tools we call the three Spark Canvases, along with a systematic process to tap them to make powerful, decisive choices that lead to better-aligned work. And, based on the data we’ve shared above, we know what happens when you align your work with your Sparketype.
The feedback has been incredible. Still, people started asking for something more…
“Is there some way I can work with someone who knows this body-of-work and these tools to help me navigate them and more quickly spark my work and life?”
Then, similar requests began coming in, this time from helping/leadership professionals like you...
- Career Counselors
- LEADERS & MANAGERS
- Workshop Facilitators
- Org-Learning Execs
- Retreat Leaders
But, this time, they weren’t looking for someone to work with, they were looking to be supported in better understanding and then tapping the potential of our intellectual property, tools, assessment, programs, and body-of-work, with their clients, colleagues and more.
They wanted a way to become well-versed in “all things Sparketype,” to better understand where the basic concepts came from, how they were designed, what they tell us, how to work with them in the context of individual client work, group work, and even organizational application.
Truth is, more than a few people shared how they were already sharing the Sparketypes and using them in their work “unofficially,” and how powerful they were. But, those same people also shared how often they’d get tripped up by the many questions that come up as you move deeper into the process of working with the Sparketypes, Spark Canvases and the whole suite of tools and programs. And, they began to ask if we might offer some level of support to develop a deeper knowledge and training in “how” to use these ideas and resources with clients, students, colleagues and beyond.
We decided it was time to make everyone happy. The tons of people who were clamoring for someone to work with, and the many helping professionals who wanted a more official way and authorization to work with the tools.
So, we went back into our instructional-design lab to create the Certified Sparketype Advisor training program for coaches, HR and other helping professionals.
Here’s what we’ll explore together…
CORE CERTIFICATION CURRICULUM
Before you arrive, you should have:
- Completed the Sparketype Assessment
- Familiarized yourself with your unique Sparketype Profile
- Explored the elements of the Sparketype Mastery Guide
- Completed the Spark Accelerator program in the context of your own work and life
- Be a professional in the area of coaching, career counseling, HR/HCM, teaching, workshop facilitation, org-learning or similar by an accredited organization, established certifying body or educational institution
- Have a minimum of 3-years experience in the field
This will help ensure that everyone arrives at the live-training with the same fundamental knowledge-set, allowing us to dive into a more detailed exploration more quickly.
3-Day In-Person Intensive
We will spend two and a half days together. For those who choose to stay for the optional Group Facilitation training (see below), we’ll add in an afternoon session on the final day from 1pm to 5pm.
Over the course of three days together, we will explore the
following in an interactive, conversational way:
Develop a deeper understanding of all 10 Sparektypes, the origins, development of the assessment and underlying philosophy/model, phase II insight study research and interpretation, including:
- Sparketype origins, core philosophy, what we’re measuring, research and data analysis
- Sparketype descriptions
- Sparketype comparison insights
- Fulfillment conditions
- Triggers and danger-zones
- Power pairings/Painful partners
- Common career paths (trends, samples)
- Type-specific questions, issues and quirks
- Distinction between Sparketype, Purpose and Passion
- Distinction between motivation and Sparketype
- Job Title Fallacy/Job-alchemy
- Distinction between “Accomplished” and “Sparked”
- Distinction between “Skills,” “Strengths”, and “Sparks”
- Individualized applications
- Can your Sparketype change?
- What if you don’t agree with or want your Sparketype?
Working with individual clients:
- Spark Your Work “Alchemy” Process: Working in a step-by-step way with the core concepts, processes and tools:
- Discovery - Identify & deepen into profile
- Inventory - Mapping tasks, topics and tools
- Extract - 7- day Spark/Stifle activity-tracking
- Ignite - Jumpstart + daily “tiny spark” integration
- Reimagine - Working with the Reality Check Canvas
- Explore - Working with the Opportunity Canvas
- Refine - Optimize aligned work + life
- Structuring clients engagements and sessions
- Creating personalized client “Spark Plans.”
- Measuring progress & tracking growth
Optional half-day additional “group facilitation” training:
- How to structure a Spark Your Work Group Experience
- Core principles of small group facilitation
- Special concerns, questions and skills
In order to build early momentum and answer questions that may come up as you begin to integrate the Sparketype processes into your work, and ensure practical experience before official certification, we’ve created a specialized “Post-Work” experience that includes the following:
- 7-day Check-in: This helps ensure immediate action-taking and integration upon returning from the 3-day intensive:
- Complete First 30-day Sparketype Practice Activation Plan (template to be provided) to create a plan of action to integrate the Sparketype programming into your offerings or work.
- Zoom Video Office Hours - 60-minute video Q&A call with a Sparketype Master Trainer to answer any early questions as you begin to integrate the Sparektypes into your offerings.
30-day Check-in: It is important that you begin to work with the Sparketypes and relevant programming immediately, so that you become not only comfortable but also fluent with the ideas and processes on a level that gives you confidence and provides sustained value for your clients and colleagues. It is also important to us, as a certifying body, that you embrace practical experience and application as soon as possible.
Toward this end, we require that, within the first 30-days, you meet the following practical requirements in order to be eligible for certification:
- Guide a minimum of three-people, clients or colleagues through the Sparketype processes (this may also be satisfied by conducting one group experience with at least 3 participants enrolled).
- Complete and submit written reflections for each person (evaluation form to be provided)
- 12-months of Virtual Office Hours: You certification program also includes 12-months of monthly Virtual Office Hours calls with a Sparketype Master Trainer, to give you regular insights, problem-solving and ideas as you build your CSA offerings.
Annual Learning Hub Membership + Global CSA Directory...
As part of your CSA certification, you will also become eligible to be publicly listed on the searchable Global CSA Directory, which will be launched upon the completion of the inaugural cohort. Your listing will remain active (barring violation of our certification terms-of-use and code-of-conduct) for a full 12-months at no additional fee.
We will continue to develop and expand our ideas, research, tools, professional resources and trainings and serve our community of CSAs with monthly video Office Hours, case-studies, and more. In order to maintain the highest standards for all CSAs, it will be important for all active CSAs to keep current with the latest developments, advances and offerings.
To this end, in order to maintain active status beyond your first-year, we will require an annual membership, continuing education and listing renewal fee (currently $250, subject to change over time). This will entitle you to continued access to all public and private components of certification noted above.
Certification Requirements, Scope & Expectations...
Here is what to expect upon completion of the certification process:
Immediately upon completing your Pre-Work and 3-Day In-Person Intensive, you will get “provisional” CSA status that grants use of the Sparketype intellectual property, tools and offerings for a limited 30-day window, while you complete the requirements for full
Once ALL elements are completed and turned-in, we will review and confirm satisfactory completion, send an “official” certification letter, certificate and digital imagery suitable for sharing. You will then be set up with a CSA account and login for our online portal with access to training materials, the CSA community and a private “wholesale” store to purchase resellable materials for your clients and programs.
Once you’re out of the provisional window, as a CSA, you will be credentialed and authorized to guide individuals and facilitate groups using the specific tools, resources and programming covered in this training. We also expect to develop and make available in 2020 additional, more targeted training and credentialing opportunities tailored to corporate, educational and organizational settings with a specific focus on leadership, engagement, performance, team-dynamics , and communications applications.
Tuition alone does not entitle any participant to full certification.
Please note, we care deeply about not just sharing information, but also about true proficiency and impact. Payment, completion of the pre-work and simple attendance at the 3-day event does not ensure certification. In order to “graduate” to active, full certification and be eligible for the full suite of benefits of being a CSA, you must also complete all required practical hours and post-work within the first 30-days (extensions for extenuating circumstances or hardship may be granted on a case-by-case basis). When you say yes to taking a spot in the certification, we also expect that to be a yes to doing all necessary work to become fully certified. Failure to complete these final elements will result in denial of certification and does not entitle any participant to a refund.
What we are hoping to do here is raise the bar. To convey our commitment to curating and growing a powerful, inclusive, whole-hearted, action-oriented and motivated team of individuals who will come together to form a true impact-driven community. A group of leaders known for a rare devotion to service, intentionality and intelligence, kindness and connection and the ability to access and apply highly-differentiated concepts, tools, and resources that deliver real, measurable, life-changing outcomes.
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
- Maya Angelou
Put another way, we’re looking for people who will raise their hands to help us shake the world.
Maybe, that’s you!
This is for you if...
We have had a substantial interest in certification, licensing and support for helping professionals at all levels. We are also committed to deliberate, intelligent growth when it comes to selecting who will become not only practitioners but ambassadors for the Sparketype “brand” and everything it stands for.
This program might be a fit if YOU:
- Embrace the ideals of inclusivity, equality, service, kindness, elevation and impact
- Are already certified as a professional in the area of coaching, career counseling, HR/HCM, leading/managing, teaching, workshop facilitation, org-learning or similar by an accredited or established certifying body or educational institution.
- Have a minimum of three years of coaching/mentoring/consulting experience, so that you’ll be able to bring seasoned coaching skills and experiences to this specific set of offerings, and the conversation during the certification process can remain focused on the specific application of the Sparketypes and not on the fundamentals of coaching.
- See the world (and people) with a deeply-curious lens, are open to learning, feedback and enjoy participating in interactive, collaborative learning environments.
- Are willing to share, give as much as you get and come from a place of openness, inclusivity and kindness.
- Love the idea of becoming a leader in helping to share the impact of an evolving body-of-work that is moving quickly and looking to help people reclaim a sense of meaning, joy and expression through work.
- Would love the ongoing support of a well-aligned community as you develop your offerings and business.
This would not be a great fit if you:
- Do not embrace the ideals of inclusivity, equality, service, kindness, elevation and impact
- Are not yet a professional in the area of coaching, career counseling, HR/HCM, leading/managing, teaching, workshop facilitation, org-learning or similar by an accredited organization, established certifying body or educational institution.
- Do not have a minimum of three years of coaching/mentoring/consulting experience, since it will be important that all participants bring seasoned coaching skills and experiences to this specific set of offerings, allowing the conversation during the certification process to remain focused on the specific application of the Sparketypes and not on the fundamentals of coaching.
- Are not a deeply-curious person, or are not open to learning, feedback and are unwilling to participate in interactive, collaborative learning environments.
- Are driven more to take than to give, and do not come from a place of openness, inclusivity and kindness.
- Are looking purely to accumulate credentials and do not have a genuine intention and commitment to putting the concepts, tools and programming into use in practice in order to help drive genuine impact.
- Have no interest in becoming a part of an ongoing supportive, well-aligned community as you develop your offerings and business.
Investment + How you will apply
We understand that the coaching, consulting and training market is tremendously competitive these days. Your ability to offer a set of next-generation concepts, tools and processes with a rapidly-growing public profile can be a real differentiator, both in terms of enabling faster, better outcomes, but also in your positioning in the marketplace.
As a CSA, you will become one of a select number of people who are officially trained, authorized and certified to offer our core programming and be discovered by the large volume (as of this writing, more than 1,000 people/day) of Sparketype Assessment takers in the searchable Global CSA Directory.
We wish we could accept all who apply, but because we are committed to fiercely-intentional growth and impact, fit is critically important. That means, admission is application-only, enrollment will be strictly-limited and each certification cohort will be filled on a qualified first-come/first-accepted basis (meaning, once qualified, we’ll extend invitations on a first-come, first-accepted basis) until capacity is reached and we close admission.
Should we be a fit, your investment will be $2,500.
- All materials required for certification
- Access to our private online CSA resource portal
- Attendance at the 3-day intensive (all instruction, lunch, snacks, and beverages throughout the day, exclusive of travel and accommodations)
- All post-work, check-ins and 30-day reflections, verification and certification
- Monthly virtual office hours calls for the first 12-months following certification
- Access to the online CSA community for the first 12-months following certification
- Listing on the searchable Global CSA Directory for the first 12-months following certification
Deposit & Refunds
Once accepted, you’ll secure your spot with a $1,250.00 non-refundable deposit. The remaining $1,250.00 balance will be charged approximately 60-days before the program start date. Requests to withdraw from the program more than 30-days before the start date will be honored, and any amount paid in excess of the $1,250.00 non-refundable deposit will be returned within 30 business days. Requests for withdrawal and refund 30 days or less from the program start date will not be honored, all amount paid will be deemed non-refundable.
There is one exception to this refund policy, if we are able to fill your spot with a suitably-qualified alternative candidate, in that event (no promises), all amounts, less a $100.00 processing fee will be refunded. Because of the small size of each program and our need to build a sustainable venture capable of supporting those to commit to this path, we must adhere strictly to this policy, no exceptions.
How you’ll secure your place...
It’s all about fit, we never sell. You’ll complete a short application that will let us get a better sense for whether we’re right for each other. Then, we’ll schedule a 20-minute phone convo to trade questions, so we can get to know you a bit better and you have time to ask us whatever is on your mind.
If it feels like a great fit, we will offer you a space in the program on what we call a first-response basis. That means we will keep interviewing people and extending offers to well-qualified applicants and the first to confirm registration will be in the program. Once we hit our cap, the group will officially close. At that point, even accepted applicants will have to wait until the next available dates to participate.
If this sounds like something you would love to be a part of,
we invite you to apply below:
is a national bestselling author and the founder of Good Life Project®, one of the top-ranked podcasts in the world with a giant global, mission-driven community. The Wall Street Journal hailed Good Life Project as one of the top self-development podcasts, and Apple recently featured it on-stage during its legendary annual event.
An innovator in the field of human potential and founder of multiple wellness-industry companies, Fields is also the chief architect behind the world’s first “purpose archetypes”--the Sparketypes™--tapped by hundreds-of-thousands of individuals, companies and institutions in the quest to amplify purpose, expression, performance and flow.
Jonathan’s latest book, How to Live a Good Life, became an instant national bestseller and #1 audiobook on Audible and his prior book, Uncertainty: Turning Fear and Doubt Into Fuel For Brilliance, was named #1 Personal Development Book by 800-CEO-READ. He is currently at work on a forthcoming book on the Sparketypes. Jonathan and his work have been featured widely in the media, including The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, FastCompany,