Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche is a dharma king and lineage holder of the Shambhala lineage, guiding thousands of students around the world on the path of meditation.
With a unique blend of Eastern and Western perspectives, his teachings focus on living a courageous life based on wisdom, kindness and compassion. Using everyday life as a means to ripen this spiritual potential, The Sakyong’s teachings help us practice turning the mind toward others as a discipline that creates confidence and compassion.
Born in Bodh Gaya, India, in 1962, he is the eldest son of Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche and Lady Könchok Palden. He is the incarnation of Mipham the Great, a renowned Nyingma scholar and meditation master. As part of the Mukpo clan of eastern Tibet, he is a descendant of the Tibetan warrior-king Gesar of Ling.
The Sakyong is also a husband and father of three daughters. He is the author of five books including the bestselling Turning the Mind Into an Ally, and his newest book, The Lost Art of Good Conversation. Through the Sakyong Foundation, he engages in supporting organizations and projects whose activities exemplify the Shambhala vision in Asia and the West.
We filmed a conversation with The Sakyong a few years back, where we explored his powerful personal journey. You can watch that earlier conversation here. In today’s deep dive, we explore how the world has changed over the last few years, the intersection between anxiety and hope, bravery and vulnerability, and the importance of conversation as a path to a better, more connected and compassionate place.
Our Podcast Partners:
- ZipRecruiter: Post jobs for FREE, go to ZipRecruiter.com/good.
- Thrive Market: $60 of FREE organic groceries, free shipping and 30-day trial at thrivemarket.com/goodlife.
- Freshbooks: Cloud accounting, 1-month free trial, no credit card required, at FreshBooks.com/goodlife.
- ShipStation: Manage and ship your orders. FREE for 30 days, plus a bonus. Visit ShipStation.com, click on the microphone at the top of the homepage and type in GOODLIFE.
- Casper: Get $50 toward any mattress purchase at casper.com/GOODLIFE and enter GOODLIFE at checkout.