Until one day, he made a bold proposition to a client that would lead him into a whirlwind photography adventure in Africa.
That one experience would begin his journey into the world of commercial photography…and change the course of his career and life.
Onken is now a highly sought-after commercial photographer who shoots everything from fashion to cause campaigns all over the world.
In this in-depth conversation, we’ll explore how:
- A willingness to be bold and not wait for permission opened doors
- The decision to dive into photography full-time happened as an organic extension of his design work
- A devotion to learning and honing his craft took his work and career to a new level
- Art and money can go together to create work that is well-compensated but is also true art
- Becoming a professional photographer opened doors to travel and profoundly changed Onken’s world-view
- Tapping his gift and his work to give back is an important part of Onken’s life, and
- So much more
Nick also shares what he believes it takes to become a professional photographer and make a leap into a field that so many try to break into without success.
As always, if you enjoy this episode, be sure to email it around and share it with friends online!
And, if you haven’t yet subscribed, get on it!